The NMPS supports the professional development of its membership. A few examples of how we do this includes:
- Through our Pediatric Council; meet with insurers and state agencies to discuss issues that affect your ability to run your practice efficiently and get paid properly for the services you provide to your patients.
- Publish a quarterly electronic newsletter, The Enchanted Pediatrician, an online quarterly periodical of articles and local news by and for NM's pediatricians and allied pediatric providers.
- Create and send blast emails of timely importance to you, that we call In the (K)now messages.
- Provide information on tools and technical assistance to help you bring Quality Improvement more formally into your practice.
- Provide you the technical assistance, letters of support and information you need to apply for CATCH, PROS, CHIP or other grant funding opportunities.
- Provide CME through our annual Wylder Lectures, to keep you informed of the latest trends in pediatrics, whether you provide patient care for infants, children, or adolescents, or teach tomorrow's physicians.
- Through our State Government Affairs Committee; work with the executive, legislators and state agencies to
tackle regulatory and practice issues that affect child health and the profession of pediatrics.
- Represent you and your interests at the American Academy of Pediatrics' national Annual Leadership
Forum to insure that the needs of our members and our communities are met.
- Provide a Parenting webpage with links to NM-specific resources for you and your patients'
parents and guardians.